Excavation and placement of recycled crushed concrete for the road base is being completed for the middle stage at the centerline of Wadsworth Rd and Green Bay Rd.
Today, the excavation crew is finishing on Green Bay Rd and the crushed concrete crew is following behind filling in the excavation (currently on Wadsworth Rd). Crews are also loading topsoil stockpiled on the north side of the detention basin expansion site at Cambridge Blvd and hauling to the east side of Green Bay Rd to re-spread for final landscaping. The current operations require many construction trucks entering and exiting the work areas so please be patient and watch for flaggers.
Tomorrow (8/30/2014), a crew will be working within the middle area of Wadsworth inside the traffic control barrels to place capping aggregate (reclaimed asphalt pavement) on top of the crushed concrete for the road base and fine grade in preparation for paving. This will progress from the west end of site to the east. Side road access will be reduced in width during and after the operations but will be open after crews complete the work at each intersection.
Week of 9/1/2014:
- No work onsite Monday – Labor Day!
- Continue placing capping aggregate and fine grading for the middle stage at Wadsworth Rd and Green Bay Rd in preparation for paving
- Pave hot-mix asphalt binder for the middle stage adjacent to the new pavement in place
- Spread topsoil and final landscape on the east side of Green Bay Rd and south side of Wadsworth Rd
The existing pavement in the middle stage (about 10’ wide at the centerline of Wadsworth Rd & Green Bay Rd) has been removed and excavation has started today. The new storm sewer crossings have also been extended through the 10’ wide middle area. Electrical work has continued including conduit installation & concrete placement for handholes on Wadsworth Rd from Delany Rd to Green Bay Rd for the new traffic signal interconnect.
Week of 8/25/2014:
- Excavate for the new pavement, place aggregate base and start paving the middle area along the centerline of Wadsworth Rd & Green Bay Rd from edge of new pavement to about 10’ wide
- Continue grading & landscaping parkway as weather permits (this will include the use of arrow boards to move traffic around the work area)
The current traffic pattern will be in place for about 2 weeks as the middle area is built. Then all lanes of traffic will be moved to the new pavement.
Thank you for your continued patience. Please drive safely.
Work is underway to setup a new traffic pattern & begin the next stage of construction.
Starting Friday 8/15 eastbound Wadsworth Rd & northbound Green Bay Rd will be moved to the new pavement. The westbound & southbound lanes will remain as is, while the new pavement is built in the middle area between the existing & new pavement. This next stage will be completed in about 3 weeks.
Week of 8/18/2014:
- Continue grading parkway and landscaping (this will include the use of arrow boards and barricades to move traffic around the work areas)
- Start removing existing pavement in the middle area, excavate, place aggregate base & build new pavement
- Continue electrical work for the new traffic signals
Please be alert for the new traffic pattern & slow down through the work zone.