Placement of the Barrier wall was completed this week.
Week of 4/21/2014:
- Storm sewer installation, as well as pavement removal is expected to resume the week of 4/21/2014.
- Once the remaining pavement is removed, the contractor will start on grading the base to final elevation.
- This work will be followed by installation of the stone base in anticipation for the new curb and pavement.
Cell phone use is prohibited in a work zone. Please drive carefully through the work zone as there are many workers present and pieces of heavy equipment in motion.
The contractor removed portions of the old storm sewer system no longer in use and hauled from the site additional storm sewer spoils.
Work Expected Week of 4/14/2014:
- Storm sewer installation will continue after ComEd utility work is completed.
- Contractor is expected to start setting the temporary barrier wall on Wadsworth Road next week.
Please drive safely through the work zone.
This past week the Contractor replaced existing storm sewer culverts and removed portions of the old storm sewer system no longer in use. This work included new culverts at Bayonne Avenue and at driveways on the south side of Wadsworth Road west of Bayonne Avenue. Culverts were also installed at driveways on the east side of Green Bay Road south of Wadsworth Road and at Aviation Avenue.
Work Expected Week of 4/7/2014:
- Contractor will be hauling away the excavated material from the storm sewer work.
- Utility work needs to be completed before the Contractor can begin the installation of the new storm sewer on the east side of Green Bay Road north of the intersection of Green Bay and Wadsworth Road. There is the potential for daily lane closures with flaggers at the intersection when the storm sewer installation continues. We will provide an alert through email and the website prior to any lane closures.
- The installation of the temporary barrier wall on Wadsworth Road may begin next week.