Hot-mix-asphalt paving is underway on the west side of Green Bay Rd and north side of Wadsworth Rd west of Green Bay Rd. The hot-mix-asphalt binder course has been paved for the traveled lanes and today the binder course is being paved for the shoulders. Once the entire binder course is complete, a final lift of hot-mix-asphalt surface will be paved over the entire roadway. The northwest and southwest quadrants of the intersection were constructed earlier this week, which required extended hours to remove pavement, excavate, place aggregate base and pave all the same day. Final water main connections are also underway at Wadsworth Rd east of Green Bay Rd.
Week of 10/27/14:
- Place topsoil and final landscape the west side of Green Bay Rd and north side of Wadsworth Rd west of Green Bay Rd
- Pave hot-mix asphalt driveways on the west side of Green Bay RdPave hot-mix asphalt shoulder behind curb & gutter on the north and south side of Wadsworth Rd
- Start placing aggregate shoulder on Wadsworth Rd
- Finish connecting new water main to the existing at the northeast quadrant of the intersection
- Install storm sewer and driveway culverts on the north side of Wadsworth Rd east of Green Bay Rd
- Excavate and grade for the new roadway on the north side of Wadsworth Rd east of Green Bay Rd
Concrete curb and gutter was placed this week at the north west and south west quadrant of Wadsworth Rd & Green Bay Rd, and on the north side of Wadsworth Rd at Cambridge Blvd. Gaps that were left in the curb and gutter are to maintain access for driveways. The aggregate base on the west side of Green Bay Rd and north side of Wadsworth Rd west of Green Bay Rd has been capped and fine graded in preparation for hot-mix-asphalt paving, which starts today! Paving that will begin on Green Bay Rd and continue west on Wadsworth Rd is anticipated to be later next week.
On Monday 10/20/14, the northwest quadrant of the Wadsworth Rd & Green Bay Rd intersection will be constructed. It is anticipated that the work will begin around 3:00am and continue throughout the day. This will included removing a portion of the existing pavement in the intersection, excavating, placing aggregate base then paving the same day. Traffic will be maintained in all directions. In order to do this work the traffic signals will be flashing red and traffic will be controlled by flaggers, 1 lane in each direction will remain open, but work at the intersection will require shifting of the traveled lane. Please use caution through the intersection and obey the flaggers.
On Tuesday 10/21/14, the south west quadrant will be constructed with the same operation and flaggers directing traffic through the intersection.
EXPECT LONG DELAYS ON MONDAY & TUESDAY!
Other activities scheduled for the week of 10/20/14 include:
- Placing concrete curb and gutter at gaps left this week to maintain access for driveways. Access will be moved to curb and gutter in place so the gaps can be poured;
- Make final water main connections at Wadsworth Rd east of Green Bay Rd.
Water main installation continued this week on the north side of Wadsworth Rd east of Green Bay Rd. Utility companies worked ahead of the installation to relocate existing cables in line with the work.
The box culvert installation east of Bayonne Ave on the north side of Wadsworth Rd at the creek crossing was completed Thursday. Today (10/10/2014) the area on the north side of the box culvert is being dewatered and prepared for the cast-in-place concrete end section. Crews are also setting string line to establish the grade for the concrete curb and curb and fine grading the aggregate base in preparation for asphalt paving.
Week of 10/13/14:
- Finish water main installation and pressure test the new main;
- Place concrete curb and gutter at the north west and south west quadrant of Wadsworth Rd and Green Bay Rd, and on the north side of Wadsworth Rd at Cambridge Blvd;
- Form and place the cast-in-place concrete end section on the north side of the box culvert crossing;
- Continue fine grading the aggregate base; and
- Start paving hot-mix-asphalt.