The existing pavement in the middle stage (about 10’ wide at the centerline of Wadsworth Rd & Green Bay Rd) has been removed and excavation has started today. The new storm sewer crossings have also been extended through the 10’ wide middle area. Electrical work has continued including conduit installation & concrete placement for handholes on Wadsworth Rd from Delany Rd to Green Bay Rd for the new traffic signal interconnect.
Week of 8/25/2014:
- Excavate for the new pavement, place aggregate base and start paving the middle area along the centerline of Wadsworth Rd & Green Bay Rd from edge of new pavement to about 10’ wide
- Continue grading & landscaping parkway as weather permits (this will include the use of arrow boards to move traffic around the work area)
The current traffic pattern will be in place for about 2 weeks as the middle area is built. Then all lanes of traffic will be moved to the new pavement.
Thank you for your continued patience. Please drive safely.
Work is underway to setup a new traffic pattern & begin the next stage of construction.
Starting Friday 8/15 eastbound Wadsworth Rd & northbound Green Bay Rd will be moved to the new pavement. The westbound & southbound lanes will remain as is, while the new pavement is built in the middle area between the existing & new pavement. This next stage will be completed in about 3 weeks.
Week of 8/18/2014:
- Continue grading parkway and landscaping (this will include the use of arrow boards and barricades to move traffic around the work areas)
- Start removing existing pavement in the middle area, excavate, place aggregate base & build new pavement
- Continue electrical work for the new traffic signals
Please be alert for the new traffic pattern & slow down through the work zone.
Excavation for the detention basin expansion at Cambridge Blvd was completed this week. Topsoil stockpiled at this location is being reused throughout the project site. Final grading and landscaping continues on the south side of Wadsworth Rd.
Week of 8/11/2014:
- Grade parkway and landscape
- Finish HMA Pavement on the south side of Wadsworth Rd and east side of Green Bay Rd
- Stripe roadway and setup traffic control to move eastbound Wadsworth Rd and northbound Green Bay Rd to the new pavement
Staging of the new traffic pattern is expected next week.