Paving of the final lift (layer) of hot-mix-asphalt surface started this week at Green Bay Rd and through the intersection at Wadsworth Rd. Paving will be finished at Green Bay Rd first, then continue at Wadsworth Rd next week.
Week of 5/11/15:
- Finish paving the final lift (layer) of hot-mix-asphalt surface at Green Bay Rd and Wadsworth Rd.
- Pave remaining driveways and mailbox turn outs.
- Start striping the final pavement markings.
After the paving is complete and the final pavement markings are in place, the new traffic signals will be activated at the intersections of Wadsworth Rd & Green Bay Rd and Cambridge Blvd, in addition to other cleanup work.
The construction crews are preparing the roadway to start final hot-mix-asphalt surfacing next week. The aggregate shoulder has been placed along the south side of Wadsworth Rd. New sidewalk poured at the Wadsworth Rd & Cambridge Blvd intersection. Final grading and landscaping was completed on the south side of Wadsworth Rd. And hot-mix-asphalt leveling throughout the site.
Traffic signal work is ongoing today including the saw cutting and installing of detector loops in the pavement that will detect vehicles approaching the intersection for traffic signal timing.
Week of 4/27/15:
- Start paving the final lift (layer) of hot-mix-asphalt surface course for Wadsworth Rd from west of Cambridge Blvd to the east. The remaining driveways and mailbox turn outs along Wadsworth Rd and Green Bay Rd will be paved after the main line roadway.
- Plant trees (where staked out in the parkway) and continue final landscaping.
Construction is scheduled to start up next week at Wadsworth Rd & IL 131 in order to finish the project this spring! The remaining construction activities include:
- Removal of temporary pavement along the south side of Wadsworth Rd and at the construction limits and placement of a 6’ wide aggregate shoulder (to match the north side of Wadsworth Rd)
- Grading and final landscaping on the south side of Wadsworth Rd east of Green Bay Rd and at any other disturbed areas
- Plant trees in the parkway
- Pave hot-mix-asphalt at the intersection of Wadsworth Rd and Green Bay Rd to level and provide a smoother ride
- Pave final lift (layer) of hot-mix-asphalt surface course and place final pavement markings
- Place concrete sidewalk at Cambridge Blvd
- Activate new traffic signals at Wadsworth Rd and Green Bay Rd and at Cambridge Blvd
Please drive safely!