Excavation for the new roadway and drainage swales is underway with multiple crews working on the north side of Wadsworth Rd & west side of Green Bay Rd. As the roadway is excavated, crushed concrete is being placed for the road base. Temporary erosion control measures include; seed, erosion control blanket and ditch checks installation in the newly cut drainage swales. These items are temporary. Final grading and landscaping will be completed once the new pavement is in place. Today (9/19), water main installation has started at Wadsworth Rd west of Green Bay Rd.
Week of 9/22/2014
- Continue excavation & placement of crushed concrete for the road base on north side of Wadsworth Rd & west side of Green Bay Rd
- Install new water main at Wadsworth Rd west of Green Bay Rd
- Install remaining storm sewer laterals and driveway culverts on north side of Wadsworth Rd & west side of Green Bay Rd, including the remaining sections of the box culvert installation at the creek crossing Wadsworth Rd west of Green Bay Rd
Thank you for your continued patience.
Please drive safely.
The new traffic pattern is in place and all lanes of traffic are on the new pavement. Cleanup and removal work has started for the final stage on the north side of Wadsworth Rd and the west side of Green Bay Rd. Today the existing pavement is being removed, barrier wall eliminated and ramps excavated for driveways on the north side of Wadsworth Rd east of Green Bay Rd, where the change in roadway elevation is most significant. Pavement removal will continue this week (including Saturday) for all remaining existing pavement on the north side of Wadsworth Rd and west side of Green Bay Rd.
Week of 9/15/2014:
- Finish existing pavement removal.
- Excavate and begin grading for the roadway/parkway starting at Wadsworth Rd east of Green Bay Rd.
- Install remaining storm sewer laterals and driveway culverts on the north side of Wadsworth Rd and west side of Green Bay Rd.
- Begin water main installation from the northeast corner of Wadsworth Rd and Green Bay Rd to the east.
Please be cautious traveling through the work zone as the traffic pattern has changed.
NEW TRAFFIC PATTERN STARTING TUESDAY 9/9/14 – PLEASE BE ALERT AS THE TRAFFIC PATTERN HAS CHANGED!
The westbound lane of Wadsworth Rd and southbound lane of Green Bay Rd will be moved to the new pavement next to the eastbound and northbound lanes already in place.
This will allow vehicles to turn either direction from all driveways and side streets.