Construction is scheduled to start up next week at Wadsworth Rd & IL 131 in order to finish the project this spring! The remaining construction activities include:
- Removal of temporary pavement along the south side of Wadsworth Rd and at the construction limits and placement of a 6’ wide aggregate shoulder (to match the north side of Wadsworth Rd)
- Grading and final landscaping on the south side of Wadsworth Rd east of Green Bay Rd and at any other disturbed areas
- Plant trees in the parkway
- Pave hot-mix-asphalt at the intersection of Wadsworth Rd and Green Bay Rd to level and provide a smoother ride
- Pave final lift (layer) of hot-mix-asphalt surface course and place final pavement markings
- Place concrete sidewalk at Cambridge Blvd
- Activate new traffic signals at Wadsworth Rd and Green Bay Rd and at Cambridge Blvd
Please drive safely!
With the warm weather just around the corner, construction crews will be on site within the next few weeks.
The electrical contractor has started work on the traffic signals at the intersections of Wadsworth Rd and Green Bay (IL 131) and Cambridge Blvd.
Check back to the site for updated information.
With the winter weather upon us, the construction season is winding down quickly. The contractor will continue to work on the final landscaping on the east leg of Wadsworth Road (north side) in order to complete this before end of the month. At that time there will be no further roadway work until spring when tree planting will occur and the final surface course will be placed. During this winter period the traffic signals may be adjusted, so please use caution when workers are present.
The roadway has been opened up to its final configuration with temporary pavement markings. Thank you for your patience and cooperation during the construction of the intersection.
See you in the spring!