Concrete curb and gutter was placed this week on the south side on Wadsworth Road and east side of Green Bay Road. Areas without curb and gutter will have aggregate or paved shoulders and allow stormwater to drain off the pavement into new ditching along the roadway, designed with greater stormwater capacity. Excavation has also continued on the east side of Green Bay Road and is expected to be complete and aggregate base placed this week. Fine grading of the aggregate base has also started in preparation for paving.
Week of 7/21/2014:
- Finish placing concrete for curb and gutter
- Continue fine grading aggregate base in preparation for paving
- Start paving hot-mix asphalt
Work continued this week on the east of Green Bay Road, excavating to subgrade and placing crushed concrete for the aggregate base. Final landscaping was also completed at the compensatory storage* site on Wadsworth Road across from Bayonne Avenue.
Week of 7/14/2014:
- Finish placement of crushed concrete for aggregate base on the east side of Green Bay Road
- Continue placing and grading capping aggregate
- Pour concrete for curb & gutter on the south side of Wadsworth Road west of Cambridge Blvd and at the intersection of Wadsworth Road & Green Bay Road
* Compensatory storage is an area created to hold additional water after heavy rains and allows the controlled release of water back into the natural water system.
Construction Update 7/2/2014:
Placement of the capping aggregate has started on the south side of Wadsworth Road. This is the top layer of the aggregate base consisting of recycled asphalt pavement. Areas are being graded and prepared for the new concrete curb and gutter. Also, underdrain pipes are being installed to allow drainage of the aggregate base. Excavation for the roadway is also ongoing on the east side of Green Bay Road.
Week of 7/7/2014:
- Continue excavation for the roadway and placement of aggregate base on the east side of Green Bay Road
- Continue placing capping aggregate on Wadsworth Road
- Place concrete curb and gutter on the south side of Wadsworth Road west of Cambridge Blvd and at the intersection of Wadsworth Road & Green Bay Road
The project continues to remain on schedule, despite the heavy rains throughout this spring. The expected completion date is 11/30/2014.
There will be no construction work over the 4th of July weekend.